- The FD 280’s cutter deck features twin contra-rotating blades (which are not timed) plus a third central blade, which is a unique feature on this type of mower.
- Cutting width is 113 cm, the cutting height ranges from a minimum of 30 mm up to a maximum 90 mm and adjustment is made via a lever having 7 positions which is located next to the operators seat
- The three blades force the grass at high speed into the wide chute which leads directly into the grass catcher.
- By discharging the grass at such high speed it will be compacted more therefore increasing the efficiency of the 280 litre catcher.
- In demanding situations such as high,wet grass, the performance of Grillo’s system is excellent. During autumn, when the grass is covered with leaves, the FD 280 will collect them quickly.
- The Grillo FD 280 is an extremely agile mower and a pleasure to use! The rear wheel steer gives an inner turning radius of just 30 cm!
- The hydrostatic transmission is pedal operated and easy to use, just press forward to go forward or back to go back!.
- The forward speed ranges from 0 to 9,5 km/h and is continuously variable. Maintenance of your ground will be quick and of a high quality standard
- If necessary, the diff -lock, which is operated via a pedal increases both traction and safety. The cutter decks tyres are solid and therefore puncture-proof!
- Once the grass catcher is full the blades will disengage automatically, the blades stop in order to prevent blockage of the discharge chute. Its possible to choose the “buzzer indicator” ( by removing an electrical connection) option which signals when the catcher is full.
- Engagement of the blades is made via an electro-magnetic clutch. The control is via a switch and there is an LED to indicate when it is on.
- The parking brake is activated with a lever. This allows you to get off the machine with the engine still running but only when the blades are disengaged.
- 14 HP twin cylinder petrol engine with electric key start with a fuel tank capacity of 8 ltrs. The engine is 499cc with over head valves
- Low emissions, reduced fuel consumption, high performance and vibrations which are reduced to a minimum. The FD280’s exhaust “Grillo Super Silent” is designed by Grillo themselves in order to obtain the highest possible noise reduction levels for operator comfort.
Falcon Grillo Ride-on Mower FD 280 - LG0445
The FD 280 is a high performance mower in terms of its quality cut and collection.Cutting width is 113 cm, the cutting height ranges from a minimum of 30 mm up to a maximum 90 mm and adjustment is made via a lever having 7 positions By discharging the grass at such high speed it will be compacted more therefore increasing the efficiency of the 280 litre catcher.